Privacy and Cookies policy
Update: April 5, 2019
Effective date: May 25, 2018
Preppr is committed to compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), and protecting the privacy of our users.
Therefore, we would like to inform you about the following.
Preppr collects data about you.
In order to make it possible to provide its services, Preppr collects and stores your name, password, e-mail address and billing details (through its payment providers Stripe and Paypal). Preppr uses several tracking and analytics tools to optimize the product, its performance and marketing strategy. These data and tools are also necessary to communicate with you and provide you with support.
Preppr has taken appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification or deletion of your data.
Preppr needs your explicit consent to use your data.
As a user you have the following rights:
- to access the data Preppr collected about you
- to change your data
- right to be forgotten
- right to revoke consent
- right to transport your data
To execute these rights, please visit the Settings page in your account or send us a message via the Contact us form on the website.
- organizing it into the sections listed in the Table of Contents below,
- providing a series of examples that help illustrate how the policies may be implemented by Preppr and
- defining and capitalizing a few terms that are used more than once for simplicity and brevity.
When we refer to "Preppr ", we mean the Preppr BV (limited) entity that acts as the controller of your information, as explained in more detail in the "Identifying the Data Controller and Processor" section below.
Table of contents:
- Information we collect and receive
- How we use information
- Data retention
- How we share and disclose information
- Age limitations
- International data transfers: privacy shield and contractual terms
- Data protection officer
- Identifying the data controller and processor
- Your rights
- Data protection authority
- Contacting Preppr
Some of the Services contain links to or integrations with other services such as Instagram, Facebook, Google, and other media services and platforms whose information practices may be different than Preppr's. Visitors should consult these other services' privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
Information we collect and receive
Preppr may collect and receive Customer Data and other information and data ("Other Information ") in a variety of ways:
- Customer Data . Customers or individuals granted access to Preppr submit Customer Data to Preppr when using the Services.
- Other Information. Preppr also collects, generates and/or receives Other Information:
- Account Information. To create or update an account, you supply Preppr with an email address, name, username, password, domain and similar account details. In addition, Customers that purchase a paid version of the Services provide Preppr (or its payment processors Stripe and Paypal) with billing details such as credit card information, banking information and/or a billing address.
- Usage Information.
- Services Metadata . When an Authorized User interacts with the Services, metadata is generated that provides additional context about the way Authorized Users work.
- Log data . As with most websites and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Websites or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Website or Services, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Device information . Preppr collects information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this Other Information often depends on the type of device used and its settings.
- Location information . We receive information from you and other third-parties that helps us approximate your location. We may, for example, use a business address submitted by your employer, or an IP address received from your browser or device to determine approximate location. Preppr may also collect location information from devices in accordance with the consent process provided by your device.
- Contact Information. In accordance with the consent process provided by your device, any contact information that an Authorized User chooses to provide is collected when using the Services.
- Third Party Data. Preppr may receive data about organizations, industries, Website visitors, marketing campaigns and other matters related to our business from parent corporation(s), affiliates and subsidiaries, our partners or others that we use to make our own information better or more useful. This data may be combined with Other Information we collect and might include aggregate level data, such as which IP addresses correspond to zip codes or countries. Or it might be more specific: for example, how well an online marketing or email campaign performed.
- Additional Information Provided to Preppr. We receive Other Information when submitted to our Websites or if you participate in a focus group, contest, activity or event, apply for a job, request support, interact with our social media accounts or otherwise communicate with Preppr.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Customer Data or Other Information (collectively, "Information "). However, certain Information is collected automatically and, if some Information, such as account setup details, is not provided, we may be unable to provide the Services.
How We Use Information
Customer Data will be used by Preppr in accordance with Customer's instructions, including any applicable terms in the Terms of Service and Customer's use of Services functionality, and as required by applicable law.
Preppr is a controller of Customer Data. Customer may, for example, use the Services to configure settings, access, modify, export , share and remove Customer Data and otherwise apply its policies to the Services.
Preppr uses Other Information in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating our Services, Websites and business. More specifically, Preppr uses Other Information:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Services, Websites and business. This includes use of Other Information to support delivery of the Services under the Terms of Service, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at an Authorized User's request.
- As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- To communicate with you by responding to your requests, comments and questions. If you contact us, we may use your Other Information to respond.
- To develop and provide search, learning and productivity tools and additional features. Preppr tries to make the Services as useful. For example, we may make Services suggestions based on historical use and predictive models, identify trends and insights, to customize a Services experience or create new productivity features and products.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Services offerings, and important Services-related notices, such as security and fraud notices. These communications are considered part of the Services and you may not opt out of them. In addition, we sometimes send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Preppr. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Preppr may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
How We Share And Disclose Information
This section describes how Preppr may share and disclose Information. Customers determine their own policies and practices for the sharing and disclosure of Information, and Preppr does not control how they or any other third parties choose to share or disclose Information.
- Customer's Instructions. Preppr will solely share and disclose Customer Data in accordance with a Customer's instructions, including any applicable terms in the Terms of Service, and in compliance with applicable law and legal process.
- Customer Access. Owners, administrators, Authorized Users and other Customer representatives and personnel may be able to access, modify or restrict access to Other Information. This may include, for example, your employer using Service features to modifying your profile details.
- Third Party Service Providers and Partners. We may engage third party companies or individuals as service providers or business partners to process Other Information and support our business. These third parties may, for example, provide virtual computing and storage services. Additional information about the sub processors we use to support delivery of our Services is set forth at Preppr Sub Processors .
- Third Party Services. Customer may enable or permit Authorized Users to enable Third Party Services. When enabled, Preppr may share Other Information with Third Party Services. Third Party Services are not owned or controlled by Preppr and third parties that have been granted access to Other Information may have their own policies and practices for its collection and use. Please check the privacy settings and notices in these Third Party Services or contact the provider for any questions.
- Corporate Affiliates. Preppr may share Other Information with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- During a Change to Preppr's Business. If Preppr engages in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Preppr's assets or stock, financing, public offering of securities, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence), some or all Other Information may be shared or transferred, subject to standard confidentiality arrangements.
- Aggregated or De-identified Data. We may disclose or use aggregated or de-identified Other Information for any purpose. For example, we may share aggregated or de-identified Other Information with prospects or partners for business or research purposes, such as telling a prospective Preppr customer the average number of posts published through Preppr in a certain timeframe.
- To Comply with Laws. If we receive a request for information, we may disclose Other Information if we reasonably believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation or legal process. Please see the Data Request Policy to understand how Preppr responds to requests to disclose data from government agencies and other sources.
- To enforce our rights, prevent fraud, and for safety. To protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Preppr or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud or security issues.
- With Consent. Preppr may share Other Information with third parties when we have consent to do so.
Preppr has put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the Information that we collect and store.
To the extent prohibited by applicable law, Preppr does not allow use of our Services and Websites by anyone younger than 13 years old. If you learn that anyone younger than 13 has unlawfully provided us with personal data, please contact us and we will takes steps to delete such information.
Data Protection Officer
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email support @preppr.com.
Identifying The Data Controller And Processor
Data protection law in certain jurisdictions differentiates between the "controller" and "processor" of information. Preppr is the controller of Customer Data and Other Information. Preppr BV provides the service to all parts of the world and controller of Other Information and a processor of Customer Data relating to Authorized Users who use the product.
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Economic Area, have certain statutory rights in relation to their personal data. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request access to Information, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct this Information. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Services account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or connect to the helpdesk inside the Service.
To the extent that Preppr's processing of your Personal Data is subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, Preppr relies on its legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. Preppr may also process Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes and you have a right to object to Preppr's use of your Personal Data for this purpose at any time.
Data Protection Authority
Subject to applicable law, you also have the right to (i) restrict Preppr's use of Other Information that constitutes your Personal Data and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area and believe we maintain your Personal Data within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may direct questions or complaints to our local data protection authority:
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer or mobile device. They are unique to your account or your browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them or until they expire.
To find out more about cookies, visit this site.
How is Preppr using cookies?
Some cookies are associated with your account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in and which workspaces you are logged into. Other cookies are not tied to your account but are unique and allow us to carry out analytics and customization, among other similar things.
Cookies can be used to recognize you when you visit a Site or use our Services, remember your preferences, and give you a personalized experience that's consistent with your settings. Cookies also make your interactions faster and more secure.
|Categories of Use|
|Preferences, features and services|
|Performance, Analytics and Research|
How are cookies used for advertising purposes?
Cookies and other ad technology such as beacons, pixels, and tags help us market more effectively to users that we and our partners believe may be interested in Preppr. They also help provide us with aggregated auditing, research, and reporting, and know when content has been shown to you.
What can you do if you don't want cookies to be set or want them to be removed, or if you want to opt out of interest-based targeting?
Some people prefer not to allow cookies, which is why most browsers give you the ability to manage cookies to suit you. In some browsers you can set up rules to manage cookies on a site-by-site basis, giving you more fine-grained control over your privacy. What this means is that you can disallow cookies from all sites except those that you trust.
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.
You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics on its website.
You can opt out of interest-based targeting provided by participating ad servers through the Digital Advertising Alliance (http://youradchoices.com). In addition, on your iPhone, iPad or Android, you can change your device settings to control whether you see online interest-based ads.
If you limit the ability of websites and applications to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience and/or lose the ability to access the services, since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings, like login information.